Sunday, December 21, 2014

Finding Type!

Here are 6 typefaces I found around me ^^


1. Oldstyle, slab serif, and maybe decorative?
2. This was a poster of this movie I found in the East Broadway train station.
3. I believe this typeface was appropriate for its purpose because I believe this movie is a horror and the text helped the poster create a creepy feel.


1. Modern
2. I found this book in the school's library.
3. Cokie Roberts... I think it's the author's name. I do not think it's a bad typeface to use... but it's a little hard to read at a first glance.


1. Slab Serif
2. I forgot which room it was but I found this student's work on the 11th floor (I think).
3. I believe this font is Times New Roman... So yes? Since this is a school project (a different class other than art, where you usually use Times New Roman), most teachers require this font so this student did an excellent job of following the rules. \(^  ^)/


1. San Serif
2. The sign that labels the train station at Delancey Street Station
3. I do believe this choice of typeface is appropriate because san serif is really easy to read, especially when you look out the train's window as it arrives at the station.


1. Script
2. I found this poster in the GD/ Fishbowl/ 1113 room
3. I do not exactly know what the purpose of this poster is... but it looks very nice and fancy. Maybe it's about people/ reality first before technology.


1. Decorative, script
2. I found this at MHS's 11th floor senior birthday wall/ cabinet thingy... 
3. I think this fun sort of typeface serves its purpose well because birthdays are supposed to be fun!


4 comments:

  1. Hi deer, I see we have some similarities such as the people over pixels. It's interesting to see a different perspective on opinion of appropriate font.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that your first post is also a decorative typeface. When you look at the text, there are some white spots and "oldness" sort of effects that are added into the typeface.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the purposes of the font were well used however I actually think the first one might be a type of Modern because the O, N, M have more vertical axis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^ "Deer" LOL
    I kind of feel like the first typeface is actually modern only because the serifs are straight and not slanted and I don't really see the diagonal stress. I could be totally wrong though.

    ReplyDelete